Certfied International Project Manager®
The Certified International Project Manager® credential validates project management expertise in managing global projects, programs, and portfolios. Large international projects fail due to different reasons including lack of cultural awareness, lack of understanding of the complex and global nature of projects, not properly defining a project’s scope, requirements, and challenges, and lack of experience in managing a multinational workforce. The course leading to this certification serves as a foundation for building competency by combining both soft (interpersonal relationship, leadership) and hard skills (planning, executing, monitoring, and closing).
This 100 hour hybrid (face-to-face and online) training provides conceptual knowledge and technical skills in the following areas:
• Foundations for project management
• Why project management is a hot topic?
• How to define your project scope
• Estimating techniques for time and cost of a project
• The role of quality management for the success of international projects
• Emotional intelligence in the management of international projects
• Procurement management
• The challenges of team building in international projects
Benefits of Becoming a Certified International Project Manager®
The Certified International Project Manager® qualification helps project managers to
• Initiate, plan, execute, control, monitor, and close international projects.
• Understand the complexity of managing global projects from inception to completion.
• Balance the triple constraints (Scope, Quality, and Schedule).
• Understand the impact of culture and political stability on the success of projects.
• Identify, qualify, and quantify project and program risks to design mitigation strategies.
• Appreciate the role of soft skills in bringing together members from different backgrounds, cultures, and
• The difference between managing and leading projects in an international context.
Who Should Attend the Course?
Target Group: Project managers, team leads, executives, project members, business analysis, and anyone in a related role
Experience: Two or more years of experience in finance and related disciplines
Education: College diploma, bachelor degree, and above
Delivery Method: Hybrid (online through the MGU portal and face to face at the client’s facility
Registration Fee: $2,199 - includes certificate and a two-year membership from AAFM
Schedule and Venue: To be agreed upon
Maryland Global University is a Registered Education Provider (REP) for many professional organizations. In addition to the certificate and designation from AAFM and MGU, participants will have the opportunity to claim 35 hours of credit towards the continuous education requirements of other certifications including PMI (PDU), Scrum Alliance (CE), and NASBA (CE).
AAFM: American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM) Accredited Financial Analyst® AFA®
MGU: Maryland Global University Certificate in Accredited Financial Analyst
PMI: Project Management Institute - 35 Professional Development Units (PDU) for PMI certification holders
NASBA: National Registry of CPE Sponsors - 35 Continuous Education Units (CE) for Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
About AAFM and MGU
The American Academy of Project Management® (AAPM®) is a worldwide Board of Standards and financial professional organization, with members in 151+ countries offering exclusive Certifications and Designations, Charters, and Masters Certification to candidates who meet the high standards of the International Board of Standards (IBS).
Maryland Global University (MGU) is an exclusive global partner with the American Academy of Project Managment (AAPM), the Global Academy of Finance and Management (GAFM), and the American Academy of Project Management (AAPM) delivering over 100 courses in finance, management, leadership, and related disciplines.
As organizations transform from the traditional project management principle, that is based on the waterfall...
Maryland Global University offers the “Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) course...
With over 500,000 certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) and over half a million membersin 80 countries,...