Chartered Wealth Manager®
Chartered Wealth Manager® is one of the highest global qualifications recognized by the financial sector
including global banks, investment firms, securities, and insurance organizations. This certification helps
professionals acquire the skills, tools, and techniques to deal with all aspects of Wealth Management
including investment strategies, life cycle management, inter-generational wealth transfer, relationship
management, behavioral finance, alternative products, real estate valuation, and global taxation.
This 100 hour hybrid (face to face and online) training provides conceptual knowledge and technical skills in the following areas:
• Overview of the global financial system
• Concept of wealth management
• Life cycle management
• Investment vehicles of wealth management
• Measuring investment returns
• Managing investment risk
• Role of wealth management in banking
• Loan and debt management
• Intergenerational wealth transfer
• Equity analysis
• User of alternative product in wealth management
• Real estate valuation and analysis
• Relationship management by a wealth manager
• International taxation
• Portfolio management strategies
• Wealth management planning
• Advanced wealth management
Benefit of Chartered Wealth Manager
The Chartered Wealth Manager helps clients in tax optimization, meeting savings goals, retirement, and
passing assets to the next generation. Some of the key benefits of Wealth Manager are:
• Explore the latest advances in wealth management strategy and law
• Expand wealth management skills by adopting international best practices
• Develop a checklist of key applied techniques in wealth management
• Become an expert in evaluation, diagnosis and planning
• Considering the complexities of investing in global markets, the expert develops strategies for managing
risk and maximizing returns
• Interpret the effect of the global & local economic environment on financial markets and investments
• Forecast the impact of government economic policies on a business
• Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks
• Describe and interpret the general features of fixed income securities and understand the basic operations of fixed income markets.
Who Should Attend the Course?
Target Group: Executives, managers, investment advisers, retail branch managers, insurance agents, financial consultants, brokerage and market analysts, corporate account managers, private bankers, wealth managers, and anyone in a related role
Experience: Two or more years of experience in finance and related disciplines
Education: College diploma, bachelor degree, and above
Delivery Method: Hybrid (online through the MGU portal and face to face at the client’s facility
Registration Fee: $2,199 - includes certificate and a two-year membership from AAFM, processing, course materials, and online access to the class materials for 60 days
Schedule and Venue: To be agreed upon
Maryland Global University is a Registered Education Provider (REP) for many professional organizations. In addition to the certificate and designation from AAFM and MGU, participants will have the opportunity to claim 35 hours of credit towards the continuous education requirements of other certifications including PMI (PDU), Scrum Alliance (CE), and NASBA (CE).
AAFM: American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM) Chartered Wealth Manager® CWM®
MGU: Maryland Global University Certificate in Wealth Management
PMI: Project Management Institute - 35 Professional Development Units (PDU) for PMI certification holders
NASBA: National Registry of CPE Sponsors - 35 Continuous Education Units (CE) for Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
About AAFM and MGU
The American Academy of Financial Management® (AAFM®) is a worldwide Board of Standards and financial professional organization, with members in 151+ countries offering exclusive Certifications and Designations, Charters, and Masters Certification to candidates who meet the high standards of the International Board of Standards (IBS).
Maryland Global University (MGU) is an exclusive global partner with the American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM), the Global Academy of Finance and Management (GAFM), and the American Academy of Project Management (AAPM) delivering over 100 courses in finance, management, leadership, and related disciplines.
As organizations transform from the traditional project management principle, that is based on the waterfall...
Maryland Global University offers the “Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) course...
With over 500,000 certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) and over half a million membersin 80 countries,...