International Certified Valuation Specialist
The Center for International Business Valuation is pleased to offer training for the basic ICVS credential from the International Association of Certified Valuation Specialists (IACVS) in two formats, fully on-line and hybrid. The program is designed to provide participants with a broad, generalized overview and understanding of basic, intermediate, and some advanced concepts and methodologies for valuing both closely-held and publicly-traded businesses. Your lead instructor, Dr. Joel M. DiCicco, CPA, ICVS, is a full-time member of the Executive Business and Department of Accounting faculty at Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business. The course, while providing a broad-based overview of valuation concepts, also provides the more experienced valuator with updates on the most current applications and theory. Upon completion of the training program, students can participate in a credentialing exam comprised of multiple-choice questions and a case study.
Critical Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this training program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand at an intermediate level the universal applications, fundamentals, techniques, and theories of business valuation.
2. Identify the appropriate valuation methodologies for use in privately-held and public-traded firms.
3. Communicate with clarity concepts applicable to business valuation practice, approaches, and methodology, including written valuation reports, engagement letters, document requests, and other pertinent communications.
4. Apply a variety of valuation techniques to case scenarios
The ICVS training program covers the following areas:
• Fundamental valuation concepts
• Economic approach to financial statement analysis
• Forecasting future revenues and cash flows
• Calculating discount rates, cost of capital, and other interest rate terminology
• Valuation techniques and approaches
• Usage of premiums and discounts in business valuation
• The structure of business valuation reports
• International professional standards
Course Overview:The International Association of Certified Valuation Specialists, in conjunction with the Center for...
Course Overview:The Center for International Business Valuation is pleased to offer the Certified Management...
The Art and Science of Valuing Financial InstrumentsIn the world of accounting and valuation, much consternation...